About Me

As for me and my house we will serve the Lord.

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Called to Serve

School, work, shopping, the gospel, mail, friends, and food are just a few of the many topics to talk about in such a big family like mine. But yet, my family and I always find a way to fit in time to talk about my amazing brother! I have always wondered why I didn’t have the many gifts and talents that Elder Pratt has. I guess it all comes down to where we are called to serve in our life.
Form the time Elder Pratt sent in his papers for a two year mission, for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, to the day we were screaming and jumping up and down with joy that Elder Pratt was called to the Belgium/Brussels Netherlands Mission. This is a very special calling, which so many are blessed with. As Elder Pratt was eager to leave on the plane, later to meat up with my dad and my relatives, I was in tears that I could not be with Elder Pratt. Diana was fortunate to see Elder Pratt off into the Missionary Training Center (MTC) on February 16th 2009. In one of the many letters that Elder Pratt has sent to my family, he stated, “You don’t have to wear a name tag to be a missionary.”
That is when I came to realize that I am called to serve in my family, church calling- in the Young Women’s, and at school. Even thou I don’t have a name tag telling people who I am and what church I belong to, I can bear my testimony to those around me every day. I can “be an example of the believers…” 1 Timothy 4”12

No comments:

Post a Comment